Scions of Arion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scions of Arion guild forum, a Guild Wars group.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE!

Go down 
+2
corin
Orian
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Orian

Orian

Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE! Empty
PostSubject: Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE!   Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 4:05 pm

Ok, I know what you are thinking: Screen shots have been done, we already babbled techno-stuff with each other in our rich guild hall. We have lined up in an outpost with our awesome cape and looked cool. However, we need something better. We need something to immortalize us.

As we all know, scheduling of guild members has caused two of our members to start to miss our gatherings. We are more than capable of working through this, and there is no worry that this is a forever thing. But I propose we take some time (and funds) and put it toward an artistic rendering.

Each of us will choose a character (preferrably one that symbolizes you most). Then, finalize your armor choice (and dye, if necessary). You don't need to get a good weapon set, but anything that could trademark you I think would be nice (example: Tashiro with his Celestial longbow).

How will this happen? Modern technology, William. There are plenty of artists on guildwarsguru (but of course not limited to there). One price quote seems to put it at about 75k per character, which is arguably cheaper than crafting elite armor. I would go as high as 100k for each of us if we are really impressed. I will personally put up half the money, as this is my idea. I won't take reimbursements, I have no money problems.

With 6 of us (Tashiro, Kwaidan, Killian, Fox, Fah and me), it's a lot to ask for. It's likely this project will take a long time for the artist to complete. I do have a cute idea to make it work, though. It will be much easier if the artist can do us in pairs. I suggest (Tash+Fox), (Kwaidan+Killian) and (Fah+Orian). This will greatly help the artist work on poses, and he or she can take time to do this project in stages. Once we are all done, we could ask for us all to be put over a nice scenic background (nothing hugely fancy, but nice).

What sort of picture will this be? You won't need to do much. You will need to take a (good) screenshot of your character, full body, in your outfit of choice. I am proposing none other than chibi style art.

Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE! Viorica_by_Raidiance

I would also want a scene, so, let's think of ideas for what type of setting the picture can be in.

What say us? LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN. I will personally see to negotiation with an artist, I just want to get everyone on board with the idea. I will bribe you all if I have to. bounce
Back to top Go down
corin

corin

PostSubject: Re: Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE!   Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE! EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 10:53 am

I think it is a cute idea. If given the right proportions, it could be used as the banner here! Or wallpapers. squee I like this idea!
Back to top Go down
kyubiko
Admin
kyubiko

PostSubject: Re: Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE!   Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE! EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 9:29 am

I object not to the idea either. I think we're all waiting for a time frame, or something. I can't fathom the reason I or Tashiro or Kwaidan have been silent about this.

I suggest pulling up three to five angles worth from the front and sides of your character. If you haven't confidence in your ability to crop an image, send them to me (You know my email, those of you who are probably wanting to get involved, if not ask Tashiro or me) and I will use my super-meager image manipulation skills.
Back to top Go down
corin

corin

PostSubject: Re: Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE!   Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE! EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 8:53 pm

I can also work come cropping or 'chopping magic if needed. Are we planning on some color theme for armor or leaving that up to personal preference?

Also, cape or no? I vote no since we change it sometimes and having all of us with capes might get a little bit complicated. And then we wouldn't have to worry about matching the capes.

Is all.
Back to top Go down
Tashiro
Admin
Tashiro

PostSubject: Re: Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE!   Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE! EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 12:22 pm

How'd I miss this? Well, I think it is an excellent idea. Count me in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.foolsmoon.com
Kwaidan
Admin
Kwaidan

PostSubject: Re: Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE!   Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE! EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 12:23 pm

I like this!
As for the cape thing, perhaps not with the cape, but with the heraldry itself, maybe (the gold sun disk)!
Back to top Go down
Kwaidan
Admin
Kwaidan

PostSubject: Re: Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE!   Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE! EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 12:25 pm

In pairs, mm? I can't argue it.. so we need to hand over screen shots of us all? Okay.. I'll see what I can do!
Back to top Go down
Tashiro
Admin
Tashiro

PostSubject: Re: Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE!   Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE! EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 1:07 pm

I also asked Malcolm (guild member), and he'd be interested in doing some GW art for us. I'm seeing him tomorrow, so we can discuss particulars as well. If you've got a character screen shot for him to use, he could probably get some stuff done. I'll discuss prices, etc, with him.
Back to top Go down
Orian

Orian

PostSubject: Re: Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE!   Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE! EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 3:03 pm

Yay! Sounds good Tashiro-shi bounce
Back to top Go down
Tashiro
Admin
Tashiro

PostSubject: Re: Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE!   Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE! EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 2:01 am

So, I sat down with Kwaidan and we picked out our best (in our minds) outfits for this. I'm having to go with the elite fur outfit for ranger, and I have no idea what she picked. Monument, I think? Anyway, we did some screen captures from the character select screen (which works best for getting all the details), and I'm tempted to do a capture with wings-out. Wink

Anyway, I have the captures (four for me, five for her), and they're named, so I can toss them into a zip file at any time to hand off. The link to the zip file is: here.
Back to top Go down
corin

corin

PostSubject: Re: Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE!   Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE! EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 1:42 pm

YAY GOOGLEDOCS! That was a wonderful idea, Tash. I'll nab mine ASAP. Still not sure what armor I want (probably will do Rogue since it's my standard, but... I don't really want purple, I don't think).

I'm having a brain fart. If we all do our own screenshots, will they look the same to whoever does the final project? Because of differences in color and clarity and all that? Meaning if Tash's stuff is naturally warmer than mine, will they match if Orian opens them? That is confusing.

Also, apparently, there is a shortcut for Chrome that reopens a closed tab. I don't know what it is because I just did it on accident and it scared me, but there is one.

Oh, it's Ctrl+Shift+T. Im smrt!
Back to top Go down
Orian

Orian

PostSubject: Re: Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE!   Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE! EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 3:39 pm

I think we'll just have to play it by ear, an the artist can take things into consideration, I'm sure.

Also, that shortcut exists for Firefox, too, I've been using it for a while Cool
Back to top Go down
Orian

Orian

PostSubject: Re: Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE!   Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE! EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 4:07 pm

Potential artist found: http://raishi.deviantart.com/

Link to her thread on the forum for accepting commissions.

http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/character-art-prices-t10452244.html

I know it doesn't appear that she does "chibi", but I'm very open-minded. If there are no objections, I would like to e-mail a proposal. Cool
Back to top Go down
Kwaidan
Admin
Kwaidan

PostSubject: Re: Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE!   Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE! EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 4:35 pm

I don't know about the art quality. :\ Maybe, though. I peeked at some of the other artists, and thought their stuff was good.
Back to top Go down
Orian

Orian

PostSubject: Re: Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE!   Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE! EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 6:25 pm

The high-quality artists are pretty much spammed with commissions (and thus they close their threads while they work on batches). I very much want to see this project through, so, while I'm not setting my sights lower, I just feel we should stay open to all artists.
Back to top Go down
Zhokora

PostSubject: Howdeh.    Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE! EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 10:54 pm

Arion gave me a poke on das muck about possibly doing sketches or doodles for y'all, just need time since classes are forming up soon so I may be a bit delayed, but overall should be able to handle it if folks want. A link to my stuff is here http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rampart/ if interested :3

~Zho
Back to top Go down
Tashiro
Admin
Tashiro

PostSubject: Re: Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE!   Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE! EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 11:20 pm

Cool. Smile What do you think Orian? Corin?
Back to top Go down
corin

corin

PostSubject: Re: Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE!   Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE! EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 11:29 pm

*like*
Back to top Go down
Orian

Orian

PostSubject: Re: Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE!   Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE! EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 1:07 am

Definite like, I'd just feel bad since all I have to offer is shinies upon shinies within Guild Wars Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Tashiro
Admin
Tashiro

PostSubject: Re: Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE!   Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE! EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 1:22 am

That may not be an issue.
Back to top Go down
Kwaidan
Admin
Kwaidan

PostSubject: Me!   Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 8:43 pm

Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE! Guildwars_lahaise_girl%252520copy
Back to top Go down
Orian

Orian

PostSubject: Re: Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE!   Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 4:39 pm

Looks great Very Happy Who did it?
Back to top Go down
Kwaidan
Admin
Kwaidan

PostSubject: Re: Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE!   Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 6:54 pm

Orian wrote:
Looks great Very Happy Who did it?

A friend of Kit's. She also made a cute chibi version of Tashiro, too. Her name is Kitsune Rei.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE!   Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE! Empty

Back to top Go down

Guild Portrait - GET IN HERE!
Page 1 of 1