Scions of Arion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scions of Arion guild forum, a Guild Wars group.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who Are You Playing?

Go down 
+7
Marinredwolf
Vykos
Solace
Ajeya
Tilla
KynElwynn
Kwaidan
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kwaidan
Admin
Kwaidan

Who Are You Playing? Empty
PostSubject: Who Are You Playing?   Who Are You Playing? EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 1:45 pm

So, less then a month to go. Looking forward to it!
- So, one idea is to make a solo character, and a group character. I'm game for this.
* Rebecca Solace, human mesmer (team play)
* Threnody, sylvari thief (solo play)

Please let me know who you're gonna be in GW2, so I can sign you into our guild.
Back to top Go down
KynElwynn

KynElwynn

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Playing?   Who Are You Playing? EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:43 am

I would also like to know the official destination of the home server.
* Group - <Name Forthcoming>, Asura Guardian
* Solo - KynElwynn, Charr Elementalist
I'll also likely have a few other alts too, because really.
Back to top Go down
http://kynelwynn.blogspot.com
Kwaidan
Admin
Kwaidan

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Playing?   Who Are You Playing? EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 10:19 am

If Eternal Grove doesn't exist at the opening, then Stormbluff will be our server-of-choice.
Back to top Go down
Tilla

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Playing?   Who Are You Playing? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 4:24 pm

I bought the game finally on a whim but haven't gotten to play around with race/class yet so I'm not really decided. But I will be there!
Back to top Go down
Ajeya

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Playing?   Who Are You Playing? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 3:29 pm

My first character will be a Human elementalist. If I am crazy (to be online when the servers open) or lucky I'll name the character simply "Winter". But we'll see.

Second character TBD... probably a Norn warrior.

--AJ
Back to top Go down
Tilla

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Playing?   Who Are You Playing? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:00 pm

Think I've decided on either Ranger or Engineer, not really sure on either but there's time to experiment I'm sure. I'm in no rush to 80
Back to top Go down
Solace

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Playing?   Who Are You Playing? EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 5:09 pm

I will play a Sylvari Mesmer, I enjoyed the mesmer in the previews. I played in the human area for quite a bit so the Sylvari forests should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Vykos

Vykos

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Playing?   Who Are You Playing? EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 7:44 pm

I'm human, a warrior of the nation of Kryta. I slice things with my sword.
Back to top Go down
Solace

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Playing?   Who Are You Playing? EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 8:25 am

I am playing Solace Blade, a Human Thief on the Stormbluff Isle.

However I am locked out at the moment, Midday BST, by a fault that is hitting a lot of EU players. I managed to play about half an hour during which I created my character.

Hope to see you all soon.

*********************************** UPDATED **************************

Finally online after they patched the servers !
Good to see you all in game, at last.

Last edited by Solace on Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vykos

Vykos

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Playing?   Who Are You Playing? EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:09 am

They took down the login servers to solve whatever is causing problems with the game. People couldn't play as of 3-4 hours ago.
Back to top Go down
Marinredwolf

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Playing?   Who Are You Playing? EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 5:42 pm

Starting out with a human thief, Caelan Syalin. We'll see beyond that.
Back to top Go down
kyubiko
Admin
kyubiko

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Playing?   Who Are You Playing? EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 7:27 pm

I am Rin Dayna. My name is legendary and I will live up to the legend my name holds.
Back to top Go down
Orian

Orian

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Playing?   Who Are You Playing? EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 2:38 am

kyubiko wrote:
I am Rin Dayna. My name is legendary and I will live up to the legend my name holds.

A NURN?!?

Nourn?

None. As of yet! Though I'm kind of sort of considering buying, maybe...

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Back to top Go down
Orian

Orian

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Playing?   Who Are You Playing? EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:58 am

I've joined and I see that Stormbluff traffic is high, and even near capacity. There are several choices in America for low traffic worlds. Could we reconsider our choice?
Back to top Go down
Ajeya

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Playing?   Who Are You Playing? EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 11:56 am

As a counter-point, Stormbluff seems to have a pretty good WvW community so staying might be worthwhile for the benefits we get from that.

Also, would we need to re-build the guild on a new server?

Is the reasoning for switching due to the issues dealing with grouping and overflow? Because I think that's a bug that's on the fix ASAP list at Arenanet. I tend to think more ambient players is better than less, and find the community on Stormbluff to be on average fairly pleasant.
Back to top Go down
Orian

Orian

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Playing?   Who Are You Playing? EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 12:34 pm

I don't know how guilds work so I don't know if it would need to be "moved". And yes I'm talking about getting moved to overflows, but I'm also thinking of latency and just in general not being able to get in because the world is full.

I joined last night and Corin tried a few hours after me and was blocked because Stormbluff was full. We can't grow the guild or have a good group if the world is at capacity. We were playing on Devona's Rest and it seems like there's a lot of room for growth there.
Back to top Go down
Ajeya

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Playing?   Who Are You Playing? EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 12:54 pm

Orian wrote:
I don't know how guilds work so I don't know if it would need to be "moved". And yes I'm talking about getting moved to overflows, but I'm also thinking of latency and just in general not being able to get in because the world is full.

I joined last night and Corin tried a few hours after me and was blocked because Stormbluff was full. We can't grow the guild or have a good group if the world is at capacity. We were playing on Devona's Rest and it seems like there's a lot of room for growth there.

Oh wow, didn't realize the world reached capacity - that sucks Sad

Well if we are going to move we should make a decision soon and execute because free world transfers we're enjoying now will only last so long. What say you, fellow guildies, illustrious guildmaster?
Back to top Go down
Tashiro
Admin
Tashiro

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Playing?   Who Are You Playing? EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 2:41 pm

Could you tell us your character names so we can link you up? You'll still be able to be in the guild, and people can 'guest' to your server, or have you 'guest' to ours. I'm surprised the server's at capacity - if people stick to two servers though, we should be fine, and can make it an official overflow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.foolsmoon.com
Ajeya

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Playing?   Who Are You Playing? EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 7:59 pm

So it appears that Stormbluff may be locked to all new accounts now. I just bought a second copy of the game for use by my wife/children and couldn't join Stormbluff.

Sorry, but I had to move my account to Fort Aspenwood. I have other friends there so it made sense to create/transfer to that world.

I had forgotten about the guesting thing - likely because it's not implemented yet. I think once that's in place then this could be a nonissue except for a convenience factor.
Back to top Go down
Tashiro
Admin
Tashiro

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Playing?   Who Are You Playing? EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:32 pm

Okay, we're split between three servers. Not a good thing, but we can cope. I suggest we don't spread out much further than those three, though.

So: Stormbluff, Fort Aspenwood, and Devona's Rest.
We still need names!

Ajeya, can you give us the names for your family members, so they can be invited? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.foolsmoon.com
Orian

Orian

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Playing?   Who Are You Playing? EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 12:20 am

Colt Leadblast. rawr.

Unless you need the display name, in which case I am the OrianZeta. Dot numbers. I don't think you need numbers but if you do so help me I will give you more integers than you can possibly imagine.

And hold up, change of plans on the world! Replace Devona's Rest with Ehmry Bay. Corin has a friend there.

Back to top Go down
Kwaidan
Admin
Kwaidan

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Playing?   Who Are You Playing? EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 11:10 am

I'll invite you as soon as I get downstairs! What's Fah's and her friend's name?
Back to top Go down
Orian

Orian

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Playing?   Who Are You Playing? EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 1:13 pm

I don't know which character Fah wants to join with, but I'll tell her to post when she's ready.
Back to top Go down
corin

corin

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Playing?   Who Are You Playing? EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 2:03 pm

1) what's with these things that I'm seeing that say [Only admins can view this link]?

2) I'm actually in Ehmry Bay now as I had another friend in this world. I believe Orian has/will change(d) also. I don't intend to change servers again, but if I have to I will.

3) I don't know what I want to bring in with the guild yet. My non-throw-away-while-I-check-things-out characters are Human Mesmer (Corin Fah, of course). Asura Ele named Kiinah. I also have a Sylvari Necro, but I literally got D/C'ed when I got out of the first tutorial area, so I haven't played at all. I'm looking at doing possibly Norn Ranger for the group. Name will be added when I figure it out.
Back to top Go down
kyubiko
Admin
kyubiko

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Playing?   Who Are You Playing? EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 7:46 am

As an admin, I have no idea what you speak of for links Sad

For worlds: It occurs to me that until Guest options are open, we will not be able to go together as a guild into scearios such as dungeons. For this reason I implore you to ask your Friend if they can move to Stormbluff. It seems one of the recent updates was to allow more people into the same server than was previously possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Playing?   Who Are You Playing? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who Are You Playing?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Scions of Arion :: Guild Wars 2-
Jump to: