Scions of Arion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scions of Arion guild forum, a Guild Wars group.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Game Update 3/3/11

Go down 
2 posters

Updates: Do you like them?
Yes! ANET WILL HAVE MY FIRST-BORN.
Game Update 3/3/11 I_vote_lcap75%Game Update 3/3/11 I_vote_rcap
 75% [ 3 ]
Most of them are cool, but there are a couple I don't particularly care for.
Game Update 3/3/11 I_vote_lcap0%Game Update 3/3/11 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Eh, there are a couple that are nice to see, but most... eh.
 0% [ 0 ]
No. I hate them and they make me angry and I hate you for bringing it up. GRR!
 0% [ 0 ]
No opinion/will discuss.
Game Update 3/3/11 I_vote_lcap25%Game Update 3/3/11 I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
corin

corin

Game Update 3/3/11 Empty
PostSubject: Game Update 3/3/11   Game Update 3/3/11 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 11:58 am

No discussion of the newest client build? Whaaaa?!

Embark Beach: I like it. I doubt many people will really go looking for groups (outside of the daily Zaishens... and even then it's just as easy to find a party in the relevant outpost), but it's a neat place to hang out. I especially like the map and NPCs.

Mercenary Heroes: are iffy. I like the idea of having Corin run around with other characters. She's a hero after all, right? And it helps with my personal stories to have them know each other. My concern, and this may be addressed elsewhere, but can a new character in Kamadan nab already-made merc heroes? Meaning, if I rerolled my Para, would she have three level 20 heroes right off the bat? It doesn't quite seem fair. (But then again, who really cares about balance in low-end pve?) People also complain about the possibility of now making a niche 8-of-one-profession team. Which, as others pointed out, was SO CLOSE TO POSSIBLE if you dual-accounted. And then, of course, there's the fact that it costs RL moneys to get them. I see it sort of like costumes--they add a new visual to the game, and if you like it, you're set. Sucks that they're a bit more expensive, though.

7 hero slots: it's ok, but gives even less reason to play with other people. The example I gave the other day was
Quote :
If I really want to do this one zone/mission/whatever and the henchies suck, why would I wait for Orian now? It's not like Orian even would want to play with me because she hates me. Sad
The plus side is that you can play around with 8 builds to make them synergize and be really cool. The downside is I'll probably get lazy and go caller+sabway+spiritway/SF/whatever.

Being an alcoholic is now easier, which I love (sry Fox)

Getting Survivor now seems do-able without hammers/Killroy/runs. I really don't have much of an opinion here.

Ascalon quests seem fun and should make LDoA easier maybe? I might re-roll my perma and do it the "right" way without turning in quests and junk until I'm close to level 10. Also, I think it's cool that they added Kimmes to presearing so that you can throw LDoA in the hall without leaving (I assume that's what his purpose is there?)

Minion window is pretty cool. Spirits show up there, too.

Ready button in the party window is cool, but unnecessary. I think it's easier to just say "1" in chat, but the UI feature makes it easier to keep track of who is and isn't ready, I guess.

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
Orian

Orian

Game Update 3/3/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Update 3/3/11   Game Update 3/3/11 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 9:46 pm

Embark Beach:I like it as well. I don't like how all the Zaishen stuff is still at GtoB, since people are derp and still use it instead of EB, mostly because it's big and kind of cluttered, but whatever. I also think people never gave it a chance to work, but also PuGs don't have a good rep, so people are sticking with their home fries or rocking heroes.

Mercenary Heroes: Expensive luxuries, no doubt, but mostly a good thing. I don't think they unbalance the game or give an "unfair" advantage any more than rits and dervs have against eles and rangers.

7 hero slots: I like them a lot and think they are the best update in a long time, probably since before I rejoined. I love being able to make a full team, I'm just kinda sucky at it. Also, I'd still want to play with other peeps, so long as they bring good builds.

And I always want to play with you Sad I get excited but then something goes bad or mistakes were made and you get not happy and quit and I feel No

I kinda do want to play more Pre now, especially since they just added costumes and hats, but just becaus I never got the full experience of playing far into higher levels.

The ready button is a feature way too late. It would be perfect if more people used it, but few care about it now, as you said.

RE-Discuss.
Back to top Go down

Game Update 3/3/11
Page 1 of 1