Scions of Arion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scions of Arion guild forum, a Guild Wars group.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

From The Beginning

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tashiro
Admin
Tashiro

From The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: From The Beginning   From The Beginning EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 4:09 pm

So, Fah was suggesting we start over, in Ascalon, with new characters. Ranger is not allowed as a profession, and every character takes /R as their secondary profession. Thinking about this, I had considered trying Ne/R, but I didn't like any of the male necromancer looks, so I built a Mesmer. I've not used the character yet, but it's 'in storage' for the future. Named him Talen Blackwell, so there you have it. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.foolsmoon.com
kyubiko
Admin
kyubiko

From The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: From The Beginning   From The Beginning EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 5:14 pm

The idea was to play through as though we were all newbs. Only use what we find. No buying skills from trainers unless they are naturally occurring on the particular trainer.

For some of us, this is very easy due to account that lacks unlocked skills. For the rest of you, this means checking the wiki to see what a particular trainer would have available.
Back to top Go down
Tashiro
Admin
Tashiro

From The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: From The Beginning   From The Beginning EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 12:28 pm

This is going to be... interesting. And we're all expected to be /R, hmm? Ah well, I'll see.
Back to top Go down
corin

corin

From The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: From The Beginning   From The Beginning EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 9:13 pm

Yes. We will all be /R and take pets. Because pets = leet.
Back to top Go down
Tashiro
Admin
Tashiro

From The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: From The Beginning   From The Beginning EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 9:31 pm

Since type of pet makes no difference really, once we hit post-searing, can I switch to a raven?
Back to top Go down
corin

corin

From The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: From The Beginning   From The Beginning EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 9:57 pm

Are Ravens available in Old Ascalon?
Back to top Go down
Tashiro
Admin
Tashiro

From The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: From The Beginning   From The Beginning EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 10:47 pm

corin wrote:
Are Ravens available in Old Ascalon?

Does the type of pet matter? If so, we can simply go with a stalker.
Back to top Go down
corin

corin

From The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: From The Beginning   From The Beginning EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 10:55 pm

I think we should all have different pets as early as possible, but only using those pets that are readily available as we play.

So no black widows or phoenii.
Back to top Go down
kyubiko
Admin
kyubiko

From The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: From The Beginning   From The Beginning EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 3:47 pm

The thing is, until we reach Lion's Arch, you won't be able to access the Menagerie. You can only get into the menagerie when you get to a port city. This is the reason that Nightfall characters (who practically start in Kamadan) can get in the Menagerie right away, while those from Prophecies have to wait a while.

So, pick whatever pet you want when you have access to it, I say.
Back to top Go down
Orian

Orian

From The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: From The Beginning   From The Beginning EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 8:08 pm

Yay! bounce

So I was wondering, when do we want to do this? We've finished our Black Moa Chick hunt and hatched our chickies, so, do we have anything on the to-do-before-this list?
Back to top Go down
corin

corin

From The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: From The Beginning   From The Beginning EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 10:46 pm

1. Underworld
2. Urzog
3. Deep
4. ????
5. Profit.

brotip: use loopy schwoopy arms and magnets
Back to top Go down
Orian

Orian

From The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: From The Beginning   From The Beginning EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 11:41 pm

Zog!

What's a "brotip"? I didn't know we were "bros".

I think Fah stepped on one too many cats today.
Back to top Go down
Tashiro
Admin
Tashiro

From The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: From The Beginning   From The Beginning EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 1:24 am

Hmm. If this is the Sunday game, it'd be my sister, not myself. I'll let her do this then. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kwaidan
Admin
Kwaidan

From The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: From The Beginning   From The Beginning EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 2:13 am

I've made Ebony Woods. :> She's an Elementalist.. something I've not tried yet (since I've played Mesmer, Necromancer, and Warrior). I considered using my warrior/ranger, but since she's already in post-searing, I don't think she'd be qualified for use in your crazy scheme. ;>

A shame.. she looks so damn awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

From The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: From The Beginning   From The Beginning Empty

Back to top Go down

From The Beginning
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Scions of Arion :: Archived :: Fun Stuff (Archived)-
Jump to: