Scions of Arion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scions of Arion guild forum, a Guild Wars group.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to further your Vanguard Rep fast

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kyubiko
Admin
kyubiko

How to further your Vanguard Rep fast Empty
PostSubject: How to further your Vanguard Rep fast   How to further your Vanguard Rep fast EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 11:18 am

The new quests involving Hearts of the North are repeatable, and each one gives:

1250 Vanguard reputation
1 platinum
5 War Supplies per repeat (initial reward is 2 Medals of Honor, meaning to copy that reward you must do any of the repeatable missions ten times),

If you want to take five minutes in any given day to repeat one of these, you can quickly amass your Ebon Vanguard rank, even if you've reached Rank 8 (where Normal Mode bounties are no longer able to give you more). The 1 platinum per successful go-through is also rather nice Smile
Back to top Go down
Orian

Orian

PostSubject: Re: How to further your Vanguard Rep fast   How to further your Vanguard Rep fast EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 2:09 am

Ah so that's why you asked if I repeated them...I may do this. Maybe.
Back to top Go down
Tashiro
Admin
Tashiro

PostSubject: Re: How to further your Vanguard Rep fast   How to further your Vanguard Rep fast EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 1:46 pm

Can these be hard-moded, I wonder?
Back to top Go down
http://www.foolsmoon.com
Orian

Orian

PostSubject: Re: How to further your Vanguard Rep fast   How to further your Vanguard Rep fast EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 2:19 pm

I don't think you get any extra reward in hard mode.
Back to top Go down
Tashiro
Admin
Tashiro

PostSubject: Re: How to further your Vanguard Rep fast   How to further your Vanguard Rep fast EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 7:35 pm

I know with WiK now, you do. They're trying to make hard mode runs worth more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.foolsmoon.com
kyubiko
Admin
kyubiko

PostSubject: Re: How to further your Vanguard Rep fast   How to further your Vanguard Rep fast EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 10:38 pm

The WiK content had hard mode available for bounties. You get +50% War Supplies reward for doing so and nothing else.

That's 50% more, rounded down. So if a bounty is worth 3 in Normal, you get +1. 15, +7. To me, the extra hassle tends to be very much not worth the additional 50%, since Hard Mode is not just slightly more difficult for WiK content, but incredibly difficult due to the diversity of the mobs and the randomized builds the enemies use.

For the new quests, Hard Mode only makes it more difficult and you get better drops, but you do not get a better reward.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to further your Vanguard Rep fast   How to further your Vanguard Rep fast Empty

Back to top Go down

How to further your Vanguard Rep fast
Page 1 of 1