Scions of Arion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scions of Arion guild forum, a Guild Wars group.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Places to Waste Time

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kyubiko
Admin
kyubiko

Favorite Places to Waste Time Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Places to Waste Time   Favorite Places to Waste Time EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 1:18 pm

A sample of where I tend to look when checking for daily amusement:

That Guy With The Glasses -- It has a variety of things to sit back and watch. The more famed of it being the Nostalgia Critic. Check out Bum Reviews for more modern stuff and the many, many affiliates who also use the site.

Unskippable -- Updates Mondays, features a video game cutscene done in the style of Mystery Science Theatre 3000.

Zero Punctuation -- Video game reviewer Bob "Yahtzee" Crowshaw, fast-talking and scathing, hilarity ensues.

Fey Winds -- Fantasy webcomic with fantastic artwork and a good sense of humor that doesn't overshadow the plot in general.

Fark -- It's Not News, it's Fark. Delivering us the most pointless stories from around the world that try to pass themselves off as news.
Back to top Go down
corin

corin

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Places to Waste Time   Favorite Places to Waste Time EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 4:23 pm

Can I add to your list? Pllleeeeease?

Questionable Content - My favorite webcomic evar. I think I identify most with Faye, but I wanna be Dora because I think Marten's cute. A lot of the humor comes from poking fun at/idolizing the indie subculture. Updates every weekday.
MLIA - MLIA, or My Life Is Average, is the less depressing cousin of FML.
Angry Video Game Nerd - Old school video game rants. Stealing this before Orian.
Back to top Go down
Orian

Orian

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Places to Waste Time   Favorite Places to Waste Time EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 4:01 am

Fahhhhh!!

Angry Video Game Nerd - Yes, this is one of my time-wasters, but it's also highly entertaining. It's not just ranting, the Nerd actually does reviews of classic gaming consoles and their infamous games (even some movies). Word of caution! He uses a LOT of (strange) profanity!

AVGN Youtube Channel - More of the AVGN, he also does top 10 lists, "official" rants of just about anything, and more movie reviews. He even seems to be getting into directing his own movies.

MrChiCity - A young man from a rough area of Chicago (not far from where I live) gives a "real" dose of his life, and more. One of the most inspiring people I've seen on the internet, he gives hope to his community and I think he's someone everyone can look up to. Oh, and if you watch enough, I'm sure you'll laugh coffee out of your nose.

izismile - A series of "pic dumps". Basically some of the most random and interesting collections of images found over the internet. Also has videos and web games.

When all else fails, Stumbleupon to the rescue!
Back to top Go down
corin

corin

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Places to Waste Time   Favorite Places to Waste Time EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 4:05 am

I should have mentioned Memeparty. If you have a strong stomach and are not easily offended...
Back to top Go down
Kwaidan
Admin
Kwaidan

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Places to Waste Time   Favorite Places to Waste Time EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 12:39 pm

I'll add the entire ElfQuest series here. I'm a big fan of ElfQuest, and the fact they've put every comic up for grabs here to read is wonderful of the Pinis. :>
Back to top Go down
Orian

Orian

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Places to Waste Time   Favorite Places to Waste Time EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 8:03 pm

I currently wasted my time watching Remi GAILLARD, but it was worth it because I nearly laughed myself to weight loss.

https://www.youtube.com/user/nqtv
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Places to Waste Time   Favorite Places to Waste Time Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Places to Waste Time
Page 1 of 1