Scions of Arion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scions of Arion guild forum, a Guild Wars group.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Norn have no need for the week! (Norn)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Orian

Orian

Norn have no need for the week! (Norn) Empty
PostSubject: Norn have no need for the week! (Norn)   Norn have no need for the week! (Norn) EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 5:41 pm

Last edited by Orian on Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:37 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Orian

Orian

PostSubject: Re: Norn have no need for the week! (Norn)   Norn have no need for the week! (Norn) EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 5:04 pm

New post. Listen to audio of NPCs and read how the norn feel toward others.

Pro: They like that asura are strong for being tiny bounce

Con: They tolerate Sons of Svanir "until they become a threat". I don't like them and don't have to No

Pro: Norn are pretty funny lol!

Con: They're doing too good a job at sounding epic, sensible, strong and just plain heroic that it's hard to not want to be a norn for reals Crying or Very sad

Though if I imagine hard enough, it would mean having bigger and stronger everything so it won't break, and ALWAYS having to reach things on top shelves for everyone. I'm sure there are other downsides, like Green Giant jokes. (Seriously though, if any of you ever say it, I'm throwing a stalk of broccoli at you).
Back to top Go down
corin

corin

PostSubject: Re: Norn have no need for the week! (Norn)   Norn have no need for the week! (Norn) EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:34 am

Spirit of week guide my week
Back to top Go down
Orian

Orian

PostSubject: Re: Norn have no need for the week! (Norn)   Norn have no need for the week! (Norn) EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 4:00 pm

New post showing just how HYOOOGE norn lodges are. Hoelbrak is going to be pretty awesome, me thinks!
Back to top Go down
Orian

Orian

PostSubject: Re: Norn have no need for the week! (Norn)   Norn have no need for the week! (Norn) EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 8:15 pm

Next post is up giving insight to event design, plus some pretty neat pics! Described is one event that started bland but turned into 4 unique events depending on the animal totem you chose.

Also, I dislike Sons of Svanir even more. Go team Bear!
Back to top Go down
Orian

Orian

PostSubject: Re: Norn have no need for the week! (Norn)   Norn have no need for the week! (Norn) EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 1:51 pm

They updated the norn page at the official website, adding some lore, wallpapers and a video featuring Hoelbrak.

Umm, I'm <3ing the crap out of norn right about now. Hoelbrak > Divinity's Reach on epicness level. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Orian

Orian

PostSubject: Re: Norn have no need for the week! (Norn)   Norn have no need for the week! (Norn) EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 8:58 pm

Massively interviews some peeps you might have heard of: http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/02/24/guild-wars-2-norn-week-continues-with-new-video-and-developer-in/

Norn can summon a temporary pet wurm?! Basketball
Back to top Go down
Orian

Orian

PostSubject: Re: Norn have no need for the week! (Norn)   Norn have no need for the week! (Norn) EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 3:40 pm

Sad to see it go! Norn week finale post is up, complete with oodles, kibbles and bits of nice stuff. Some pretty cool-looking armor, or maybe it's town clothing? One of them is very dervish inspired. I'm not sure I want that, but yay for more long skirts and hoods!

And why am I the only one posting? This is supposed to be discussion, not "Watch Orian make links to stuff you can easily find". Sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
corin

corin

PostSubject: Re: Norn have no need for the week! (Norn)   Norn have no need for the week! (Norn) EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 4:04 pm

Whelp, maybe everyone is busy? Or we don't care for norn?

Seriously though, every screen I see of GW2 makes me drool a little more. The landscape looks epic (though I'm still not sure about non-instanced/"soloish" gameplay). Armors & clothing have REALLY poked my happy button. I agree, that one armor is very derv-like (did you notice the feathers? The Norn wearing it MUST follow raven).

I have some confusion that may be fixable with reading, but I'll ask instead. The totem animals... I'm guessing that each gives a sort of "power"? As in the last story, snow leopard taught Viskar the arts of stealth and tracking. Bear would probably be plumb strength, eh? Wolf might be cunning or something of that nature. Great hunter, but not just a big ball of strong. What is raven? Do you get to fly? Peck things? Scavenge? I'm confused about what makes raven special.
Back to top Go down
Orian

Orian

PostSubject: Re: Norn have no need for the week! (Norn)   Norn have no need for the week! (Norn) EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 4:23 pm

I need to update after reading feedback (norn have no need for reading!) Those pictured are shamans (specifically Bear and Raven). It's possible we may get to don those but who knows.

@Corin There's no flying; when shapeshifted into the raven it's a half norn/half raven. As far as abilities go, we don't know yet. Fortunately, in a couple of weeks the norn will be playable in a new demo so we should learn how all that is hashed out. These forms are all elites.

My own speculation:

bear: strength/health
wolf: summons
raven: manipulation or control
snow leopard: stealth/speed possibly survival
Back to top Go down
corin

corin

PostSubject: Re: Norn have no need for the week! (Norn)   Norn have no need for the week! (Norn) EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 11:16 am

Orian wrote:
bear: strength/health
wolf: summons
raven: manipulation or control
snow leopard: stealth/speed possibly survival

Bear: in soviet Russia
wolf: fetching sticks/balls/frisbees
raven: being annoying and dirty (because that's what birds are.)
snow leopard: BEIN' CUTE AND CUDDLY LIKE A KITTEH!
Back to top Go down
Orian

Orian

PostSubject: Re: Norn have no need for the week! (Norn)   Norn have no need for the week! (Norn) EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 12:28 pm

corin wrote:

snow leopard: BEIN' CUTE AND CUDDLY LIKE A KITTEH!

Also, planning to murder you in your sleep, which is just like a real cat. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tashiro
Admin
Tashiro

PostSubject: Re: Norn have no need for the week! (Norn)   Norn have no need for the week! (Norn) EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 8:39 pm

Sorry, been really busy, including my hard drive crash. Norn are interesting, just not my kind of thing. Thanks for keeping tabs and posting them here, though. Smile Also, if I had to choose a totem, 1) Fox, or 2) Raven. Fox isn't on the list, but I'd choose Fox anyway. Smile Raven is cool though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.foolsmoon.com
kyubiko
Admin
kyubiko

PostSubject: Re: Norn have no need for the week! (Norn)   Norn have no need for the week! (Norn) EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 7:28 am

You aren't allowed to choose me. I refuse to be your totem this time.
Back to top Go down
corin

corin

PostSubject: Re: Norn have no need for the week! (Norn)   Norn have no need for the week! (Norn) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 1:33 am

For some reason, Fox being a totem makes me y'all are doing some sort of sacrificial ritual.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Norn have no need for the week! (Norn)   Norn have no need for the week! (Norn) Empty

Back to top Go down

Norn have no need for the week! (Norn)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Scions of Arion :: Archived :: Fun Stuff (Archived) :: GW2 Discussion-
Jump to: